With the release of the first trailer for Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, I anticipate a revival of 1920's and art-deco style. The story (a favourite of mine since I first picked up the book when I was 13) impeccably suits ol' Baz's style of lavish perfection, and I'm already loving the balance achieved between spot-on post-war dramaturgy, and artfully stylised costuming and sets. The '20s and 30s have long been my favourite eras, and I probably dress with nods to the fashion of these eras quite often.
These ZoeWittner shoes are definitely a favourite pair, with their classic low heel and t-bar styling, and a dye job that I haven't seen anywhere else on leather!
A brooch in the typical art-deco style and colouring, given to me from my mum for my 16th birthday. One of those items that I wish I wore more, but it's so precious that I'd be beyond upset if were to lose it!
The book that started it all- I do have a much lovelier edition from the 60s but I can't seem to find it!
No comments:
Post a Comment