For part of my reporting coursework I decided to do a lifestyle report on an event at James Street that I attended with Tom and Jess, called UpLate In Design. The event followed the formula of one hosted earlier in the year by Marie Claire magazine, only this one had more of a focus on design, as it was hosted by Habitus magazine. Most shops in the street were open late and had some great deals on, and the atmosphere was great, with synchronised speakers throughout the street playing music provided by a DJ sneakily set up in a cafe. I work just one street over from James Street, but I've never had much of a chance to explore it, so it was nice to have this sort of opportunity to check it out and pick up some bargains as well!
1. A cool-looking shopfront
2. A rack in Sass + Bide
3. Champagne glasses and a Dyptique in S+B, ooh la la!
4. Tom browsing the racks in Ksubi
5. Habitus room
6. Tom and I
7. Artists creating an installation
8. The beautiful Camilla window
What are you taking in school? I really wished my city had things like this to attend! It looks like a lot of fun
ReplyDeleteI'm doing Bachelors in Journalism and Arts:) This was a lifestyle report for my journalism degree, it was a great combo of work and play! I'm sure your city does, it's all about scouting them out!
Delete